Sharon Gorman, D.C.
League of Chiropractic Women
With Love – and TIC – in Her Heart
The enthusiasm Dr. Sharon Gorman has for the chiropractic profession knows no bounds, which is to say her energy for it is boundless. She actively practices its art, shares its philosophy, mentors its students, and serves on the board of its largest institution, all in the service of advancing her profession. She does all this while also managing multiple high-volume practices in which she shepherds young docs at the beginning of their careers.
TCL is pleased to honor Dr. Gorman, in particular, for her role in founding the League of Chiropractic Women (LCW), an organization dedicated to maximizing women’s potential to balance the leadership of the profession she loves. Thanks to Dr. Gorman’s tireless and exuberant commitment, LCW is providing leadership development for women in chiropractic all over the world.
It’s been said that if all chiropractors approached their practices and their lives in the same way Dr. Sharon Gorman does, chiropractic would have long ago reached the tipping point toward being the influential voice needed to reshape today’s healthcare conversations.
TCL: For which professional (and/or personal) achievements will you most want to be acknowledged?
Gorman: I’ve been married twenty-six years and have four great kids and that’s the highest achievement I will ever make. Besides my family, I am most proud of the chiropractic practices I have grown over thirty years. I am so grateful for the lives changed and for the scores of families that have had the opportunity to receive the chiropractic message and receive chiropractic adjustments in my offices. I am proud and grateful for my ability to adjust and equally as proud of my ability to communicate the chiropractic message.
I have always interested myself in the “Why” of Chiropractic, the philosophy of chiropractic and the philosophy of success. I have spent countless hours attending, speaking at, and conducting seminars for chiropractors and chiropractic support staff so that we can more effectively bring chiropractic to the world.
I have a vision of our philosophy becoming “status quo” some day. I envision the day chiropractic care will be as much of a routine for people as regular dental check ups have become.
I love speaking and influencing students, especially students who have chosen to become chiropractors, and I am pleased to say I have influenced over a hundred students to become chiropractors. I am always looking for opportunities to give back to this great profession of ours.
TCL: What projects are you working on now (or have worked on recently) that you are most excited about and would like more people to know about?
Gorman: I am pleased to take this opportunity to announce a new venture I am very excited about: an event-based mentoring program, which is in development with the help of chiropractic branding and marketing guru Dr.Traci Szemkus. I will be conducting seminars and retreats for chiropractors, their families and their office teams. It will launch some time later this year and I look forward to the opportunity of sharing what my family and I have learned about how creating a successful practice as an integral part of creating a happy, successful family and lifestyle.
For TCL readers who would like to get a sense of Dr. Gorman’s accomplishments, here are a few of the highlights:
- In practice and managing successful high volume practices, running two to four simultaneously, since 1985
- Personally trained over 50 doctors over the years to work in and run my practices
- Chiropractic Fellowship of Pennsylvania, board member from1985-2014
- Created Focus Philosophy Weekends in 1990 and have held hundreds of events
- New Beginnings Philosophy of Chiropractic Award 1998
- Have been coaching individual chiropractors since 2001
- Served on the Board of Trustees of Life University since 2002
- Helped co-create the Life Force 1000 Program and Life Vision Seminars
- Life University Life Force Doctor of the Year 2009
- Co-founder of the League of Chiropractic Women (LCW)
- Served as LCW’s first president from 2012 until 2016
- Southeast Regional Director of the International Chiropractors Association in 2012
- International seminar speaker, including New Beginnings, Life Vision, Cal Jam and Chiro Europe, as well as various state organizations and groups
- Life University Alumni and Friends Magazine Cover Article September 2013
- Life Force 1000 Chiropractor of the Year 2015
- Distinguished Fellow of the International Chiropractors Association 2015
For readers who are interested in experiencing the heart with which Dr. Gorman shares her chiropractic vision, you may find one of her LIFE Vision presentations here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOy4aaOmE-c&app=desktop.
See the array of LCW founders featured as Revolutionaries and Leaders in this issue of TCL.