Brian Kelly, D.C.
Taking TIC’s Impact to Millions
Brian Kelly, D.C.
A successful chiropractic college president can make or break global outreach and TCL is pleased to honor Dr. Kelly for making inroads in spreading ‘TIC around the world in his tenure at Life College of Chiropractic West.
Following in Dr. Sid WIlliams’ footprints and recognizing the importance of continuing the love affair between chiropractic colleges and rugby, Dr. Kelly is spreading the word through a sport that resonates with fans around the world.
Additionally, by creating The WAVE, an event with profession-wide appeal to doctors, Dr. Kelly has advanced the cause of principled chiropractic and increased the number of passionate practitioners. His global leadership includes a partnership with the India Association of Chiropractic Doctors (IACD) and the Sant Nirinkari Mission to provide chiropractic care at an event that attracts over 1.5 million people, whom Dr. Kelly addresses from stage. And, by attracting philosophically aligned faculty members with wide appeal to like-minded thinkers outside the chiropractic profession, Dr. Kelly has increased the number of people who understand the potential of chiropractic to engender change to our dangerously over-interventionist healthcare system.
TCL: For which professional achievements will you most want to be acknowledged?
Kelly: These are the top six:
- Past president of New Zealand College of chiropractic
- Creation of Life 101, a three day retreat which teaches chiropractic students to become the future leaders and influencers this planet needs
- The WAVE – with 1500 attendees annually coming to get the information, strategies and fellowship to sustain their best year ever
- Life West Gladiators Rugby – a club team that has skyrocketed from unknown start-up to Division One team that has been featured in Fortune magazine and is talked about in rugby circles worldwide. This team is becoming another powerful tool for finding great chiropractors and teaching optimum performance through the chiropractic adjustment
- Travelling the world and influencing hundreds of bright and passionate people to become chiropractors
- Bringing top-notch instructors to join the Life West faculty, such as Dr. Bruce Lipton
TCL: What projects are you working on now (or have worked on recently) that you are most excited about and would like more people to know about?
Kelly: Being fully committed to building a brighter future for humanity. This is not just a clever saying. This is an actual goal and one I take action toward every single day.
Being passionate about growing the numbers and influence of the Vitalistic resurgence in chiropractic today. We not only need more chiropractors but we need chiropractors who will be sustainably successful in practice. By building a force of dedicated, confident and effective chiropractors to teach the world about the empowering story of chiropractic, we will build a better future for everyone.
Being committed to making Life West a world-class chiropractic school – not to impress people – but in recognition of the powerful vehicle a chiropractic college can be. The job of president is about creating a platform for chiropractic education unlike anything that has been seen before. Working with the Life West team to develop powerful initiatives for leadership, sub-specialties like techniques, sports and pediatrics, and other projects to move the needle in creating influence and opportunity.
TLC readers who are interested in learning more about Dr. Kelly and Life west will find more information at www.lifewest.edu or contact president’s office at Life West.